There is a significant difference between legalization and apostille. Consular legalization consists of a number of complex steps that must be completed thoroughly and attentively. Depending on the document to be legalized, these stages may include:
- translation and notarization of documents;
- certification at the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine;
- certification at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine;
- certification of documents at the Consular office of the respective country.
Documents subject to consular legalization:
- documents on education;
- medical certificates, opinions;
- certificates from the MIA, departments of Visa and Registration Office (on criminal record);
- certificates from the Civil Registry Office;
- notarized translations, certified copies of documents;
- original documents issued after 1991;
- documents of legal entities;
- certificates of foreign citizens issued by embassies.
The legalization process on average lasts 10 days, but in most cases, it depends on the country where the procedure takes place.
Contact The Translation House to get your job done! We are always happy to help you!